Specialists in Public Hospitals
- Text Decrease
- Text Increase
- Print Page
If I have a dispute about my employment at the hospital what is the process to resolve the issue?
Resolving disputes within your hospital involves a process of increasing the levels of engagement, should the matter not be resolved. The process is detailed in the model clause contained in the Victorian Public sector Industrial Relations Policy, below.
The steps are:
- You discuss the issue with your immediate supervisor.
- If the issue is not resolved at that level, the matter can then be taken up with the Director of Medical Services and include AMA representation.
- If it is still not resolved the matter can be referred to Fair Work Australia for conciliation.
- Finally, if still not resolved in conciliation the matter may be determined by arbitration by Fair Work Australia.
Importantly the obligations for both you and the hospital are that:
- disputes will be dealt with expeditiously
- work is to continue according to usual practice whilst the dispute is being dealt with
- no-one is prejudiced by the continuance of normal work.
References: Industrial Relations Policy Manual for the Victoria Public Sector 2010 Attachment 5, April 2009 Heads of Agreement cl 18