Specialists in Public Hospitals
- Text Decrease
- Text Increase
- Print Page
If I have a dispute about my employment at the hospital what is the process to resolve the issue?
Resolving disputes within your hospital involves a process of increasing the levels of engagement, should the matter not be resolved. The process is detailed in clause 12 contained in the AMA Victoria - Victorian Public Health Sector Medical Specialists Enterprise Agreement 2013.
A shortened version of the steps are:
- You discuss the issue with your immediate supervisor.
- If the issue is not resolved at that level, the matter can then be taken up with the Director of Medical Services and include AMA representation.
- If it is still not resolved the matter can be referred to the Fair Work Commission for conciliation.
- Finally, if still not resolved in conciliation the matter may be determined by arbitration by the Fair Work Commission.
Importantly the obligations for both you and the hospital are that:
- disputes will be dealt with expeditiously
- work is to continue according to usual practice whilst the dispute is being dealt with
- no-one is prejudiced by the continuance of normal work.
References: AMA Victoria - Victorian Public Health Sector Medical Specialists Enterprise Agreement 2013 clause 12.