The AMA is working hard to achieve the best outcomes for you and your patients. AMA Victoria provides support services tailored to your needs. As a member you can:
- have your say and contribute to our lobbying of government at your local subdivision meetings and at AMA forums
- stay current with our fortnightly electronic newsletter, vicdoc magazine and the Medical Journal of Australia
- access first-line legal and industrial relations advice and advocacy in case of any disputes with your employer or if you need your employment contract reviewed
- receive anonymous and confidential support from other doctors during times of stress, through our Peer Support Service
- be rewarded with significant discounts on a range of commercial services, including finance, travel and business, and
- attend seminars and professional development courses to help you advance your career.
Call (03) 9280 8722 to speak with a member of the Workplace & Advocacy team
This page contains questions and answers on working as a specialist in a public hospital.
In December 2013 a new state wide Enterprise Agreement was put in place. For the first time ever, there is a legally enforceable agreement which covers all Specialists employed in Victorian public hospitals.
Final-year registrars who are successful in getting appointments as first-year consultants in Victorian public hospitals in 2017 will be receiving offers and contracts over the next few months.
This page details the rates of pay for hospital-employed specialists.
The CME Agreement is part of the 2009 Medical Remuneration Heads of Agreement between AMA, ASMOF, the Victorian Hospitals Industrial Association, and DHS