Services for hospitals, health services
Career transition and outplacement
Career Transition and Outplacement is an effective method for ensuring the supported transition of medical workforce personnel within and outside of your organisation. Redundancy and/or the decision to not renew an employee’s contract is an emotional process for both the employer and employee. How this process is managed can have a tremendous impact on an employer’s reputation and performance, as well as on the impacted employee’s wellbeing and future employability.
Our service - Medically specific, professional & tailored
AMA Victoria’s Career Transition and Outplacement Service will work with you to implement your transition initiatives in a way that aligns with your values and protects your reputation. Our service is medically specific, professional and aims to address the needs of the organisation and the employee.
Our programs aims to:
- Provide impacted individuals with the confidence and skills to manage and talk about the change in their career /role effectively
- Facilitate career review and reflection for the purpose of identifying key skills, interests, drivers and future work options
- Leverage AMA Victoria’s specialist knowledge, resources, connections and tools to assess and seek new employment opportunities
- Provide coaching on how to best develop resumes, application letters, approach networking and interviewing to maximise success
- Supports individuals to successfully obtain a new role or achieve an alternative outcome, matched to their needs and interests
Benefits of career transition & outplacement:
- Supports employees at a time of vulnerability
- Supports the manager to deliver a challenging and impactful decision to an employee
- Helps employees to develop a clear, considered plan for their next career step and to be supported on this journey
- Upskills employees on current recruitment practices and potential work options (clinical and non-clinical)
- Hones employees' networking and interview skills
- Strengthens your organisation’s employment brand and reputation, both internally and externally, as caring and responsible
Career coaching – development and mobility
Support your employees to proactively manage, plan and review their career. AMA Victoria Career Advisory Service supports health service organisations to manage and develop their medical workforce by providing career coaching solutions that drive individual and organisational effectiveness and capability. Our solutions focus on three key areas:
1. Career Development — Stay, Grow & Engage
- Assist organisations to create a management culture that facilitates career development and employee growth through individual career planning.
- Increase employee engagement by educating your leadership team to have regular career conversations with their team.
- Help employees to understand their strengths and interests and identify and address skill and competency gaps - for the purpose of alignment and leverage with the organisations purpose and strategy.
2. Career Mobility — Stay, Change & Grow
- Engage employees in their careers by providing new experiences and opportunities to grow.
- Assist employees in developing a personal brand and enhancing their career readiness so they're better positioned to promote their strengths internally to reach their potential and achieve their career goals within the organisation.
- Create and improve internal mobility by leveraging, retaining, and supporting the redeployment of talent.
3. Career Decision — Stay or Go
- Empower employees to gain clarity about their careers, through career coaching and advice so they can make informed decisions about next steps.
- Leverage assessment to provide insight around key strengths and preferences to help facilitate career planning.
- Employees who discover they may be mismatched in their current role can leverage AMA Victoria’s specialist knowledge, resources and tools to assess and seek new employment opportunities elsewhere or consider alternative options such as a career change, self-employment or retirement.
Want more information?
AMA Victoria’s Career Transition & Outplacement service offers a range of solutions to meet its client’s needs.
If you would like more information about this service or have a particular need please either email us on email@example.com or for confidential discussion please call our Careers Advisory team on 03 9280 8722.