#238 NotYoga 2020: Online health and wellbeing symposium for doctors
10 November 2020
NotYoga is our first annual event that is aimed at all medical professionals at any stage of their careers. It is also targeted and relevant for anyone interested in clinician health and those supporting medical professionals in the workplace or interested in healthcare system transformation for improving workforce wellbeing.
We have taken a focus this first year on the medical profession, but we are delighted to have interested attendees from other areas of healthcare participate.
All sessions will be recorded so please register if you can’t attend all or any of the day and you can watch later.
We've put together a one-day symposium with some absolutely awesome and inspiring speakers, to build a community and tackle the big issues about the health system to improve our conditions and clinician’s health and wellbeing.
The innovative program will include plenaries, TED style talks and interactive panels with stimulating and diverse guest speakers.
It is Not Yoga. We will work together to enact change. Please join us - we want to hear your experiences, your innovation and your voice.
- Wednesday 2 December
- 10am - 4pm
- Free online symposium
Click here for details of the day and to register
Key topics will include:
- a reflection of our experiences in Australia, NZ and internationally during the pandemic
- what this means for us all now and beyond
- moral injury and compassion fatigue
- PTSD and learning from experts in other industries such as the military
- practical strategies for looking after ourselves and our teams
- understanding the systematic issues and develop collective strategies for system change
- connecting as a community and building networks.
We encourage you to come and learn and connect with inspiring leaders and start to build a community practice so we can make change across Australia and New Zealand.
- Pandemic Kindness Movement
- Victorian Doctors’ Health Program
- The University of Melbourne
- Doctors’ Health in Queensland
- Gathering of Kindness
The NotYoga team
A/Prof Jane Munro, Dr Kym Jenkins, Dr Tracey Tay, Dr Margaret Kay, Dr Andy Tagg, Prof Catherine Crock, Dr Rebecca Szabo, Dr Simon Fleming, Mr Eric Levi, Dr Nardine Elzahaby, A/Prof Anne Powell