Back to AMA Victoria Awards >
HOW TO APPLY
Nominees or nominators should be familiar with the awards criteria before submitting an application. From Wednesday 1 December 2021, submissions can be made via email to AMA Victoria's Events Manager, Katie O'Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org and must contain the following:
- A copy of the nominee's curriculum vitae (CV);
- An application letter; and
- Two reference letters
Applications close Friday 4 February 2022.
- Wednesday 1 December 2021: Applications open
- Friday 4 February 2022: Applications close
- Friday 18 March 2022: Finalists announced
- Thursday 14 April 2022: Finalist requirement submissions close
- Friday 29 April 2022: Awards Ceremony
Successful category finalists will be asked to submit a thirty second video and full colour photo for promotional purposes only by Thursday 14 April, 2022.
Thirty Second Video
A thirty second video (can be filmed via mobile phone) must be submitted as an mp4 file, giving an overview of your research project. Please use landscape orientation, a tripod if available, and lots of light (face a window).
Full Colour Professional Photograph
A full color A7 size professional photo, with a resolution of at least 300 dpi/ file in a jpeg format. You must be facing the camera in a smiling, relaxed pose in front of a plain background; head and shoulders must be included with space above and to each side of your head. Please ensure camera setting saves the photo as a large file format (minimum size: 1MB).
Award finalists will be invited to attend the 2022 award ceremony to be held on 29 April 2022 in Melbourne, where category award winners and the President’s Award will be announced.
- Nominees for all categories except the President’s Award must be Victorian doctors. Nominees must be ordinarily residing in and principally engaged in practice in Victoria.
- Nominees need not be AMA Victoria members.
- The President’s Award nominees are not required to be doctors.
- A junior doctor (a doctor in training) is defined as a registered medical practitioner employed by a Health Service as a Hospital Medical Officer, Medical Officer, Senior Medical Officer, Registrar or a person enrolled in a General Practice Training Program.
- A senior doctor is defined as a doctor who:
(i) holds Specialist Registration with the Medical Practitioners Board of Australia under the Health Practitioner Regulation National Law Act 2009 (Vic); or
(ii) possesses a Higher Qualification appropriate to the speciality in which they are employed or has sufficient experience in their speciality to satisfy the Health Service that the appointment is warranted.
- Nominations may be made by the nominee or by another person such as a colleague or mentor.
- Previous Award winners and finalists are not eligible to apply.
- All eligible applications and referee letters will be considered by the section panel.
- Applicants who are deemed ineligible will be advised in writing. Correspondence will not be entered regarding applications deemed ineligible.
- The AMA Victoria Awards three person judging panel will be determined by the AMA Victoria Board. The judging panel will not include anyone from the AMA Victoria Board. A suitable doctor-in-training judge will be included on the judging panel for consideration of the Junior Doctor Award. In the event of a tie for the Junior Doctor Award, the CEO of AMA Victoria will be the deciding vote.
- Any member of the judging panel who has a conflict of interest must notify AMA Victoria upon becoming aware of that conflict and any conflicted Committee member is required to be absent from discussion or voting in relation to the relevant nominee.
Back to AMA Victoria Awards >