AMA Victoria Career Advisory Service Terms and Conditions
- Individuals can register for theAMA Victoria Medical Career Service (the Service) by using the online booking and payment system located at https://amavic.com.au/careers-advice
- The booking system will automatically identify available days and times.
- Fees for the Service are to be paid at the time of application.
- Fees are to be paid via credit card.
- An application will not be considered finalised until credit card payment is successfully processed by AMA Victoria.
3. Processing credit card payments
- Credit card payments will be processedimmediately via secureonline payment gateway.
4. Cancellation by the Client
- Clients can cancel the Service by notifying AMA Victoria of their intention to cancel in accordance with clause 4.2 of the AMA Victoria Medical Career Service Terms and Conditions (the Terms and Conditions).
- Notification can occur via phone or email.
- Refunds will be managed in accordance with clause 8 and clause 9 of the Terms and Conditions.
5. Re-scheduling by the Client
- Clients can re-schedule the Service by contacting AMA Victoria via phone or email.
- Clients will not be able to re-schedule the Service via the online booking system.
6. Cancellation by AMA Victoria
- AMA Victoria, reserves the right to cancel the Service for reasons including but not limited to:
- 6.1.1. Unavailability of Career Coach; or
- 6.1.2. Cause of force majeure.
- In case of cancellation, AMA Victoria will endeavour to notify the Client no less than 2 hours before the Service, except in the case of an emergency.
- In accordance with Clause 8.2 of the Terms and Conditions, a fullrefund will be granted in case the Service is cancelled by AMA Victoria.
7. Consultation postponed or re-scheduled by AMA Victoria
- AMA Victoria may postpone or re-schedule the Service due to Career Coach unavailability or for other reasons.
- If the Service is postponed or re-scheduled, AMA Victoria will notify the Client at least 24 hours prior to the Service, except in the case of emergency.
- If the Service is postponed or re-scheduled, AMA Victoria will provide the Client with the following options:
- 7.3.1. Participation at the re-scheduled day and time; or
- 7.3.2. Full refund.
- Full refund will be granted to a Client who informs AMA Victoria of their intention to cancel at least 48 hours prior to the Service.
- A fullrefund will be granted to a Client in the case of cancellation of the Service by AMA Victoria (clause 6 of the Terms and Conditions).
- In line with Clause 7.3 of the Terms and Conditions, full refund may be granted to a Client in the case the Service is postponed or re-scheduled by AMA Victoria and the Client elects to cancel rather than re-schedule.
- Refund will not be granted to a Client cancelling the Service less than 48 hours prior to the Service except as defined in clause 9 of the Terms and Conditions.
- Refunds will be processed by refunding the credit card used for initial payment.
9. Refunds under special consideration
- Notwithstanding clause 8.4, a Client who cancels the Service less than 48 hours prior to the Service, and would like to seek refund, can apply for special consideration providing a detailed reason for cancellation.
- Application for special consideration is to be provided in writing to AMA Victoria at least 30 minutes prior to the Service.
- Clients must apply for special Consideration in writing via email.
- Application for special consideration received by AMA Victoria over the phone will not be accepted.
- Application for special consideration received less than 30 minutes prior to the Service will not be accepted.
- Application for special consideration will be reviewed by the Career Advisor on a case by case basis.
- Clients applying for special consideration will be notified of the decision within two Business Days from when the application for special consideration is received by AMA Victoria.
- If application for special consideration is successful, AMA Victoria will refund the Client the whole amount paid for the Service minus:
- 9.8.1. $30 for administration fees for AMA Victoria members; or
- 9.8.2. $100 for administration fees for non-members
- If application for special consideration is not successful, no refund will be granted to the Client.
- If granted, refunds will be processed under clause 8.5.
- Clients are encouraged to arrive at AMA Victoria premises 10 minutes prior to the Service.
- AMA Victoria adheres to the thirteen Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) issued by the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) - https://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/corporate-information/key-documents/privacy-policy-summary
- The information provided by a prospective Client at time of booking will be kept secure and accessed only by authorised AMA Victoria staff members.
- The AMA Victoria Medical Career Service may share information collected prior or during the Service with other departments of AMA Victoria for communication and marketing purposes.
- AMA Victoria will not share any of the information collected at time of booking with third party organisations for sales and marketing purposes.
- AMA Victoria will not share any of the information collected during the Service with third party organisations for sales and marketing purposes.
- Credit card information is collected for payment purposes only.
- Credit card payments are processed using the Stripe payment system - https://stripe.com/au
- AMA Victoria will maintain confidentiality of all sensitive information collected prior to and during the Service.
- Information collected will not be disclosed with internal or external parties unless release is required by law.
13. Generic Advice
- The advice provided during the Service is to be considered general in nature and may not take into account your personal situation. Clients should consider whether the information and advice provided is appropriate to their needs.
- Although every effort will be made to ensure accuracy of the information and advice provided during the consultation, AMA Victoria, its officers, employees and contractors disclaim all liability (except for any liability which by law cannot be excluded), for any error, inaccuracy in, or omission from the information provided or any loss or damage suffered by any person directly or indirectly through relying on this information.
14. Complaints and appeals
- Clients can submit complaints to AMA Victoria via phone or email.
- Complaints will be reviewed by the Manager and escalated to the Chief Operating Officer where necessary.
- Complaints will be addressed within 5 Business Days from the day on which the complaint is received by AMA Victoria.
- Notification of complaint outcome will be sent to the Client within 2 Business Days from when the decision is made by AMA Victoria.
- A Client who disagrees with the decision may appeal the decision within 10 Business Days from when the decision is received by the Client.
- Application for appeal is to be provided to AMA Victoria in writing via email or mail.
- Appeals will be reviewed by theChief Executive Officer and addressed within 20 Business Days from the day in which the request for appeal was received by AMA Victoria
- Notification of appeal outcome will be sent to the Client within 2 Business Days from when the decision is made.
- Business Day means Monday to, and including, Friday but not including any Victorian or federal public holidays or weekends;
- Career Coach means a career consultant engaged by AMA Victoria to provide the Medical Career Service;
- Client means a member or non-member of AMA Victoria who engages the Service through its online booking system.