COVID-19: Information and resources
PLEASE NOTE: This is a rapidly changing situation and the information and resources below are updated regularly.
COVID-19 Health workforce response - expressions of interest - click here
Additional resources relating to COVID-19 are available on the AMA's federal website - click here
Resources for doctors
- DHHS - guidance for health services and GPs on dealing with suspected cases of COVID-19
- DHHS - medical practitioners seeking advice about COVID-19 (outside of testing procedures) can call 1300 651 160
- The Australian Department of Health - daily medical advice and official reports
- The Australian Department of Health – COVID-19 fact sheet – Primary Care Package – Practice Incentive Payments
- Avant Mutual - resource for doctors and practices
- The RACGP - information for GPs on the latest COVID-19 developments
- Medicare Benefits Schedule - you can now claim new MBS items
- General and private practice fact sheet - for questions regarding staff safety
- Employment-Related FAQs
- Employment-Related Matters - COVID-19 Guidance Note
- Continuing Medical Education - COVID-19 Supplementary Guidance Note
- WorkSafe – Item codes for telehealth now available
- Testing for COVID-19 - advice for doctors
- Data and infographics - COVID-19 in Australia
- Australian Medical Association (Federal) - Frequently asked questions
- Medical Board of Australia – Response to COVID-19 pandemic 31 March 2020
Resources for the public
If you are a member of the general public and require information on COVID-19, you can try one of the following resources:
- DHHS Hotline - 1800 675 398
- Coronavirus Health Information Line - 1800 020 080
- Daily Fact Sheet - includes the latest case numbers and government updates
- General information on COVID-19 - what it is, how it is transmitted and more
- Personal hygiene and safety tips
- What to do if you are unwell
- Healthdirect sympton checker
- Subscribe to the Victorian Chief Health Officer alerts here
We need your feedback
We thank AMA Victoria members for providing ongoing feedback on the response to COVID-19. Due to the high number of members making contact, we apologise for not always responding immediately. Please do not be discouraged. All feedback is viewed and acted upon. Views are being collated and passed through to the President of AMA Victoria and AMA Federal (for federal issues) who are in regular contact with the relevant Departments and Ministers' offices.
Your continued feedback will be vitally important over the coming months so that AMA Victoria can know the issues you are facing and can then advocate on your behalf.
Please phone Lewis Horton, Communications and Advocacy Officer on (03) 9280 8773 or email Taryn Sheehy, Director of Communication and Advocacy on firstname.lastname@example.org
What are we hearing?
Members have relayed their concerns to AMA Victoria about personal protective equipment, efficient and reliable testing, dedicated sites for testing, safe practices in general practice, tele-health, item numbers, industrial relations, communication channels, funding, resources and infrastructure and the need for more clarity around when doctors should not see patients.
There have also been issues raised around human resources, supplies, support and infrastructure.